Students can choose from four possible options:

  • Community Recreation Undergraduate Minor
  • Community and Therapeutic Recreation Undergraduate Minor
  • Event Planning Undergraduate Minor
  • Recreational Therapy Undergraduate Minor

These minors complement a number of majors, including Biology, Business Administration, Communication Studies, Counseling and Educational Development, Geography, History, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Human Development and Family Studies, Kinesiology, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, and Social Work.

Declaring a Minor And Advising

Students interested in a minor in Recreational Therapy can declare their minor with the University Registrar’s Office using the Undergraduate Major/Minor Changes Form,. but should also contact the Department of Community and Therapeutic Recreation at [email protected] to speak with an advisor regarding any additional requirements that might be needed for national certification and state licensure in recreational therapy.


A minor in Community Recreation, Community and Therapeutic Recreation, or in Event Planning requires 16 credit hours. A minor in Recreational Therapy requires 18 credit hours.