Council on Accreditation for Parks, Recreation, Tourism, and Related Professions
The undergraduate program in recreation and parks management is accredited by the COAPRT. COARP accredits baccalaureate programs in parks, recreation, tourism, sport management, event management, therapeutic recreation, and leisure studies offered at regionally accredited institutions within the United States and its territories, and at nationally accredited institutions in Canada and Mexico. COAPRT is accredited by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Learning Outcomes Required By COAPRT
COAPRT standard 2.05.05 requires reporting of aggregated results of learning outcomes assessment. Results for the most recent academic year follow.
- Community Recreation and Event Planning 2021 Annual Report (PDF)
- Therapeutic Recreation 2021 Annual Report (PDF)
- 98% of CTR students graduating in 2021 did so within six years of entering UNC Greensboro.
- 100% of students who graduated in May and August 2021 who applied to graduate school were accepted.
- 91.2% of students who graduated in May and August 2021 were employed 3 months post-graduation.
- According to Student Course Evaluations for each of the CTR courses taught in AY 2020-2021, at least 94% of student’s “strongly agreed” or “agreed” their knowledge and skills increased due to taking the course.
- Departmental faculty advisors meet with each student to establish a plan of study, provide direction in the selection of practica and internships, as well as career counseling.